The documentary also tells the history of Chairman Mao’s “war against nature” that ushered in decades of environmental destruction, and the remarkable movement to reverse this trend on both the local and national levels.
- What: San Francisco Green Film Festival
- When: Saturday, March 3, 5:30 PM.
- Where: San Francisco Film Society Cinema, 746 Post Street, San Francisco, CA (see directions)
Buy tickets online for the SF Green Film Festival individual films and festival passes.
- What: Institute of East Asian Studies free screening in Berkeley
- When: Monday, March 5, 4 PM.
- Where: University of California Berkeley, IEAS conference room, 6th Floor, 2223 Fulton St, Berkeley, CA (see directions) Admission is free but seating is limited.
Our China Program Coordinator Katy Yan and Policy Director Peter Bosshard will be in attendance during the Q&A sessions, along with our co-partner Pacific Environment and the director of the film, Gary Marcuse (Face to Face Media). Come hear about the current status of China’s major rivers, and what you can do to support China’s grassroots NGO movement.
We hope to see you there!
Get updates on the film on Facebook.